Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MCS (Middle Child Syndrome)


Does he look likes he suffers from MCS? I've been anonymously (well, by dad) requested to put some more pictures of the "other kids" on this blog. Apparently I post too many of my "baby" so this is an attempt at levelling out things a bit (seriously, that's just not possible with more than one child - someone's always going to feel like he got the raw end of the deal).
Reece really didn't show any symptoms of MCS until he began feeling threatened by a moving Jackson. Trying to potty train didn't alleviate any of the symptoms either - we're putting that one on hold (though he showed some interest in it today - go figure!).
Other SYMPTOMS of MCS include, knocking your newly walking brother flat on his back, spitting on things, shooting your pretend guns at anything that upsets you, falling limp on the floor in a spastic attack, and throwing things at anyone/anything (to name a few).
The best proven treatment for MCS is lots of UNDIVIDED attention from either parent. We've been trying to make Reece feel special by letting him run errands with just one of us at a time.
Some positive side effects of this treatment include hugs, kisses, and loving comments :) Reece is definitely my "lover" with a heart of gold!
With three children, someone had to be the middle child. Reece holds a special place in my heart! I love you Reecey Allen :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he looks like a little space alien in this picture....love it. and you are not supposed to tell me about that before I have my third!

Family Brooks said...

just looked at the butterfield pictures. oh my gosh, i am in awe. they are beautiful. can i schedule a session for my kiddos? i just really love how you capture everything. you're a pro. happy birthday to lucas! i remember when he was born. tim came to the waiting room with beautiful pictures of him just minutes old. wow, time sure flies by! glad you are having a fun summer.

Anonymous said...

just to be clear..again....it was the lighting, the naughty little grin, and the spaceship jammies combination that prompted my previous comment...just sayin...and yes I realize that those are actually trucks now....or trucks disguised as spaceships...mmmhmmm...
Scully