Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Feeling *sew sew*

Though it may seem I've hung up the lens for a few days (er...months) and taken up my other hobby of sewing I can promise you my camera gets plenty of use :) It seems these days it's been even more difficult than ever to keep up with the blogging world (keeping up in the sense of actually posting to it). I keep up with several other ppl's blogs including my newest favorite, www.mycharmingkids.net. This particular blog I found through a friend of a friend (thanks Trisha:) and love MckMama's style of writing and her love of phototgraphy and being "green." I recently discovered that she happens to live minutes from my relatives in Minnesota (small world, right?). Anyway, enough about her blog and onto mine!

We've been busy with life with 3 boys. We celebrated Jackson's second birthday right before school got out and then Lucas's sixth less than 3 weeks later. They (the oldest two) enjoyed VBS at our church a couple weeks after school was out. We then headed to Hungy Horse Campground for several nights to camp with a group of friends. That particular trip I kept the lens packed up! We enjoyed life in a pop-up instead of a tent this year!

After returning home, we celebrated Reece's fourth birthday and then headed down to Champaign, Illinois to visit my relatives from Seattle, Washington that were visiting their relatives. This trip lasted less than 48 hours, but it was fabulous to see relatives I hadn't seen in over 5 years!

We were home long enough to unpack, do laundry, and clean out the camper before heading out on our next adventure. Our final stop was Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota. We camped in my aunt/uncle's driveway for several days and enjoyed life on the lake. Fireworks were held on a barge in the middle of the bay on Independence Day. That is such a fun experience. Have I mentioned that I could live out there? Really, it's just lovlely out there :)

Back to reality.........

........gymnastics for Lucas twice a week for 3 hours (he is practicing with the level 4 boys this year - we have yet to decide if he'll compete this fall)
........beginning to book more sessions (including some fun newborn sessions!!!!!) make sure to contact me if you're interested in setting something up!
.........spending time at the splashpad/beach of Millenium Park
.........checking out books at the library - while working on the summer reading program with the oldest children
..........trying to be green by growing our own garden, hanging clothes on the line, making strawberry jam, and doing away with paper/plastic grocery bags (i think i could do a whole post on how much i LOVE those reusable cloth bags!!!)
..........going on bike rides
..........just trying to spend as much time in the moment enjoying my boys growing up before my eyes.....GOD IS GOOD!!!!!
***WHAT GOOD IS A POST WITHOUT PIX????***


I'll leave you with these FEW images.......


This was my first attempt at a self-portrait. Please overlook the fact that I probably hadn't showered in that picture and have a nice gaudy band-aid on my finger.


These matching hoodies were a gift to my boys this spring and I decided to embellish them with a few appliques I cut out of one of Michael Miller's mod prints. The boys each chose the guitar color for the front and I used the remaining colors on the back.



I made Jackson a set of these carseat strap covers a while back and liked them so much I made new ones for all three of my guys.


This is the reverse print of the 2 designs on the left (see above image).


This valance has a coordinating crib skirt that I custom designed for a childhood friend of mine who is OVERdue with her first child whom I cannot wait much longer to meet!





4 comments:

Kerry said...

Very nice Whitney! So glad to finally see pics of those wonderful projects you've been working on!

missy widener said...

hmm...I am feeling the need to hire you to sew me something for the new baby, I am just not sure what...you are way too crafty, whitney...love the self portrait.

Meyers Family said...

thanks ladies :)

Family Brooks said...

crafty, crafty! lookin' good. i love the orange and brown. are you addicted to mcmama? she's been a doll and helped our non-profit raise $2000 last month. what a story to follow. hope you're great you crafty mama!