Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Monday, August 20, 2007

The fruits of our labor



So.............this isn't my typical post (no children or pets in the photo, but I thought the tomato line-up was a fun picture). I've been a little domestic lately in trying some new things. This is our 2nd year of planting a garden. We planted beans (wax and green), green peppers, jalapenos, lettuce (that came back from last year), and several varieties of tomatoes. Anyone who has ever harvested cherry tomatoes knows that they all seem to ripen at the same time. We had quite an abundance of them as you can see in the photo :) I looked online to figure out what to do with this crop. I tried oven-drying them. Nine hours later (and a warm kitchen) I had a ziploc bag full of those shrivelled little things. We'll see how they taste in pasta entrees this fall/winter. I also taught myself to can - really quite easy, just time-consuming. I did a handful of jars of salsa - it's edible :) I think it tastes fine, but Tim would like something with a little more "fuego" (fire in espanol) to it. We'll try again next summer!

No comments: