Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Friday, September 21, 2007

Where's the camera?!!

So..........this is a HUGE first - a post without any photos!!! This was NOT by choice, of course :) You all know me too well. I just wanted to recap our past week - Tim and I enjoyed some QT away from all our babies up north last weekend. It was our 10th annual (yes, we're getting old) canoe trip. We tackled a new river, the Platte, which landed us in Lake Michigan. It was a very slow, relaxing trip (and no one tipped this year - also a first!). This was especially fortunate as we had 2 pregnant ladies on board. It was a very chilly (read: I had gloves on at one point in the trip) day, but the sun kept us warm. It was so beautiful to end up on the West Michigan "Shoreline." We hiked up over the dune to test the waters of Lake Michigan which, along with the river, were actually warmer than the air temp. I definitely missed my boys, but they had a great time with Grandma Holden (and Jackson, surprisingly, adjusted to a bottle for 24 hours - Praise the Lord!). Our second adventure "sans camera" was to the Frederick Meijer Gardens Thursday. I had an eye appt in Grand Rapids and the boys (all 3) behaved so well, I told them I'd reward them. I couldn't pass up a trip to the gardens on such a beautiful day in September (though my camera was miles away in the camera bag at home). We took the financial plunge of renewing our annual membership to enjoy the beauty of nature, art, and much needed exercise. Lucas and Reece enjoyed the enormous treehouse in the Lena Meijer Children's Garden while I fed Jackson. We frolicked through the other attractions in the children's area and then strolled over to the Farm Garden area of the gardens. We couldn't leave without checking out "the horse"- Reece was thoroughly impressed at its stature. We also stopped by a few of the exhibits in the Sculpture Gardens. It was so much fun!!!! And I can even say that taking the three of them by myself - maybe 3's getting too easy :) Time for another dog, right?!! Just kidding - three is just perfect! We're off to enjoy another mild September afternoon picking apples at a local orchard Saturday. My next posting will include photos as I can't stand to leave it behind.

No comments: