Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do..............

Now that you all have the COPS theme song in your head, I'll explain - this post title is NOT referring to any of the boys in our family, but instead a girl! Yes, we had the cops at our house Friday evening (due to a complaint from one of our anonymous neighbors). The officer said, "We had a call at 4:30......." and I immediately thought, "Crap, did one of my boys call 911 again?" (just for the record, 911 does work when your phone is locked) ...................about a barking dog (okay what a relief! my kids weren't prank calling the authorities, my dog was just being herself). I asked who had reported us (are we not approachable, understanding neighbors?). Anyway, she asked me if we had a bark collar (to which I answered, "no" - obviously if we did you wouldn't be here now, would you officer? - didn't say that last line out loud). Then she said that the neighbor wanted them (the officers) to talk to us and left :) I'm sure they just love those peskey little calls :) Those are some good tax dollars at work. It's funny how we made it through our irresponsible years as teens and twentysomethings WITHOUT the cops intervening in our lives (okay, Tim, you had a few traffic violations - and I only had 2 - not that we're keeping score :) and now that we are parents, they come hunting us down :) Sadly so, that was about the extent of excitement this weekend.



I did clip 60 nails last night! PEZ candy work absolute wonders for getting a squirmy 2 year old to sit still for his nails to get trimmed.



We gutted two pumpkins tonight as well - only got one carved as the kiddos had to get to bed. Here are a few photos (*tip: click on the slideshow and hover the mouse over a single picture for captions!) highlighting the adventure.......


No comments: