Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Thursday, February 21, 2008

And you thought your evening was bad...........


"Mom I pooped in bed," wouldn't sound so awful if it came from a toddler with a diaper ON now would it??? On the upside, it wasn't poop Reece was referring to - it was pee...........on the downside, the diaper was OFF. Yes, he decided to completely strip down out of his sleeper pjs and out of the diaper and pee in the middle of his bed. I thought the night was going well - I had just got off the treadmill and was beginning to relax in front of the tv (which I never do - relaxing usually consists of blogging and reading other blogs)..........when I heard the boys still awake in their room (this was 10:15 and Tim had put them in bed before leaving for poker night two hours ago). So, they totally stayed in their bunks, just horsing around for 2 hours!!! How does a 2 1/2 year old and 4 1/2 year old pull that off???!!!! Before assessing the damage, I bathed Reece (his second bath of the evening mind you) and pulled out new bedding. While doing all this the following thoughts raced through my mind:
1. Did he pee standing up?
2. Did I remember to put the mattress protector on last time I changed sheets?
3. Did he pee laying down and aim up to his brother's bunk?
4. Was there poop in the bed I didn't see upon initial entry?
Luckily it was only pee and was in a "contained" area. At 11:30 I believe they are all sleeping................praise God!!!

It's these moments that make me realize how quickly childhood passes - too soon they will be all grown up! They certainly bring joy (and surprises) to our lives!

No comments: