Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Sunday, February 10, 2008

Global warming (or freezing?)


Brrrrrrrrr.........it's been a chilly one today! Last night the snow began falling as our dinner guests (the Widener's) braved the elements to head home for the evening. Tim promptly jumped out of bed to check the local cancellations this am. Many area churches were indeed cancelled, but ours wasn't on the list - after calling the prayer line we learned our church WAS cancelled. So, back to bed for the two of us! All three boys let us get a little extra shut-eye and didn't head into our room until 9ish! This was the first time the boys found us both in bed in a LONG time (usually they don't awake until Tim's left for work and the weekends we're usually up with Jackson before they're awake) - strange feeling. It was nice, though - Lucas surprised me with a magna doodle valentine (smiley face and heart drawn)- have I mentioned how sweet boys can be?!! Tim fixed a delicious breakfast and we spent the day relaxing as a family. I think the best part of this "snow day" is the fact that I now have my Sunday School lesson done for next week :) We also had a "fog delay" this past Tuesday, so my Bible study was cancelled (and now my Bible lesson is done for this Tuesday as well :) - DOUBLE BONUS!!! The excitement doesn't stop here - I chose today to ATTEMPT shovelling snow for the first time in years (I was pregnant the past winter so Tim wouldn't let me; and we are usually plowed by Tim's father - a huge THANK-YOU to him - hopefully he's enjoying tropical temps on his cruise right now :) This attempt was short-lived as I was the only foolish neighbor in sight to actually face the elements - I lasted about 10 minutes before promptly marching inside to thaw. I'll try again next year :) Hope you are all warm and well! Enjoy these winter days :)

No comments: