Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Sunday, December 28, 2008

Outta here!

Well, the tree HAD to go! I don't think I could get it out quickly enough! The day after Christmas was spent taking the trimming (and needles) off the tree. I now have the Charlie Brown Christmas theme song in my head as I stare at this pathetic tree. The pictures really do not do it justice. We literally had more than 95% of the needles on our floor. Can you believe it? I can still say I would do it again for the mere $13 it cost to get the beast - she was a beaute while she was shining :) Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a happy and healthy New Year! Here's a short recap in pix of Christmas Day...........










Jackson was about this excited the entire day.........poor buddy was NOT feeling well......thank goodness for some recup time lately.

Do you see Reece in the background in tears b/c he did NOT get a WMU sweatshirt like the two of us? Crazy how I never had a Broncos hoodie until Steve and Barry's goes out of business and we can afford the el cheapo matching ones...........gotta love this economy :)



So........we stuck the hoodie on the pouter and he cheered right up (note to self: next Christmas, buy enough matching apparel for the whole family)

Tim was pretty excited for his baby shopping cart cover (I mean disguised Nintendo DS).



Grandma Holden and all the grandkiddies!

4 comments:

ErinDoobs said...

Tyson is a CHUNK! Cute!!

Your poor tree TRULY went Charlie Brown on you, but it WAS an awesome tree!

Love the WMU hoodies.

Glad the munchkins are feeling better. =)

Anonymous said...

dude! seriously, I cannot believe that happened to your tree! we have not watered ours in weeks and barely any needles have fallen off, crazy! what a great memory though...and love the design around the pictures, oh and presman and I have been sick since christmas eve so we feel your pain jackson! get well soon!
scully

Family Brooks said...

Oh goodness! Seems like just yesterday I was sitting on that couch waiting for your call to come to the hospital to see baby Lucus. A few years and all those grandkids! I love that pic. Adorable family! Your Christmas tree pic is great too. I tried imagining it in my head while viewing your blog. Now I can see it and I'm laughing out loud! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

um, did I not post a comment on here already?! are you trying to hide me as a friend??!! I should have recognized you for that family photo, I think I will go do that now! and I will be sending you the wedding info now! happy new year pretty!
scully