Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Seen better days...

So those of you who have followed me on facebook are well aware of the tree saga........we were so impressed to get an 8+ foot REAL tree for $13......of course we had to hunt it down and haul it out of the forest ourselves. Tim's (good) gloves suffered a little sap which I was able to get COMPLETELY out with Goo gone. Just when I was ready to boast about this newfound stain remover I noticed one of my larger compact flash cards had made it through the washer - nice! After a week of airing out a bit I was able to retrieve all the images.........though I do not trust the longevity of this memory card. So this made our tree a little bit more pricey. Reece also added to the cost of the tree by knocking the entire (decorated) thing onto the floor. Thank goodness he was left unharmed and only a few ornaments broke........add a few more bucks to the price of this tree. Now it is losing needles if I even but think about it! I managed to get a few shots of it before it turned into the "Charlie Brown" tree it's become (not really, but I literally vacuum needles off the branches each day - my OCD nature). So, that's my Christmas tree story of 2008! Hope you all enjoyed it :) It has all been worth having the fresh-cut tree smell in our house and being blessed to be able to have a home to enjoy it in. May you all remember the true meaning of Christmas as you celebrate this season! God Bless!


















No comments: