Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor day in the ER (but NOT for labor)

I'll post more later, but just had to share our 2nd injury-related trip to the ER this evening with Jackson this time. He somehow cracked his forehead open on the fireplace (of course the staff asks if i saw what happened and i have to say, "no, but i saw him right after it happened.") Praise God he didn't hit his eye or knock out teeth or break anything. They decided to just put their glorified super glue to hold the gash together until it begins healing. He slept through them washing it out and all. I think he was mostly upset about the hospital bracelet he had to wear. Though, he bled quite a bit at home........can't say I've seen that much on my kid, since Lucas split his finger open 4 years ago (almost to the day!). I think we've been quite blessed to have avoided the ER as much as we have with three little boys :)

And on a positive side note..........we welcomed baby Levi Merrick Meyers into the world on Thursday! I will post some pictures of him once I meet him. We've been busy, so I owe this blog a post with pictures..........hopefully this will suffice for now :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch! poor little man! how is he doing now?? you have some tough little boys.
Scully

Heather said...

Poor Jackson!!! I've been lucky with the girls and have only had one ER visit (so far). I'm sure having three active boys you are just seeing the beginning of this sort of thing!

Anonymous said...

Aww.. Hope he's getting better! Poor litle guy!

ErinDoobs said...

Augh, poor Baby J!!!! Sounds like he handled it well. Call me - i want to hear how the 1st day of school went and what's new!!