Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How can you doubt...


the existence of our Creator ?!!! I had this awesome reminder of the beauty and power of God today as we were coming home from a playdate today! We were driving down the road and Lucas asked me what was in the clouds (and I almost just blew it off with the typical, "I don't know buddy" answer I often give when I'm just TOO BUSY to stop and listen to what he's saying). So, I peered through the windshield to find this awesome array of color in the midst of clouds (mind you it did not rain today). I had the camera with me so I pulled over to snap a picture of Lucas' sighting. I told him that it was God at work and he responded, "Is that God?!!" How can I doubt our Creator lives?!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I actually read about this on woodtv.com last night...it said

"'Fire rainbow' seen in West Michigan sky

By Bill Steffen

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- A rare sight was seen in the sky above West Michgian Tuesday afternoon.

It is called a fire rainbow or circumhorizontal arc and occurs only when the sun is more than 58 degrees above the horizon.

The sun shines through cirrus clouds that are made of plate-like ice crystals. The light is refracted or bent as it passes through the crystals. Each color of the solar spectrum bends at a slightly different angle, so it makes what looks like a rainbow.

A true rainbow would only be visible with your back toward the sun, and usually when the sun is lower on the horizon."

Anonymous said...

lucky you that you captured that moment, I just read what Heather posted....and this gives me hope that the truth is out there afterall...

TalsmaKids said...

What an awsome God we serve! Your Motivation for Mom's today has the verse posted of Isaiah 45:8 What an appropiate(sp) verse for today!!