Words to live by...

From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after
another

Remember who you are and you will walk through life blessed and beautiful

When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things

Children are a gift from God

Never underestimate the power of prayer



Sunday, May 4, 2008

Patience

As a mom, wife, Christian, teacher, etc. I've learned that patience is hard to come by. This morning our pastor gave a sermon about patience and how perfect God's timing is. How many times have you prayed for someone/about something and thought, "Thanks God for NOT answering my prayer?" It's so hard to keep in mind how perfect God's timing really is. He answers our prayers, but not always as timely as we think He should. Sometimes maybe, as Christians, we're even praying the wrong prayers..........that's definitely one of my weaknesses as a Christian - I need to remember that even in the midst of the most hopeless (what I feel is hopeless) situation God is listening and showing me His divine plan. Prayer is NEVER left unanswered - think about it - God has a LOT of prayers to answer :) So, keep praying - unceasingly!!! These recent photos I took of our amaryllis (sp?) bulbs reminded me of God's perfect timing. Our boys were so excited to see the things actually get leaves that grew to be about 2 feet tall!!! Then Lucas said to me one day, "Mom, I heard that Nicole's plant has a bud on it!" I told him his and his brother's were probably NOT going to get buds because the leaves came first. Honestly, I was about ready to dump the bulbs out! Then, one day, I noticed something that looked a bit different from the other leaves.............it was a bud!!! I told the boys it wouldn't open until it was as tall as the other leaves - that it would take quite a while, but if we were patient, we could see the bud open. Wow God's perfect timing is AWESOME!!! Not only did we get one bud, but between the two plants we got four!! The boys (and I) were so excited. Better yet, I got to take a few pictures of these beautiful flowers (thanks grandma and grandpa!). God is great!




1 comment:

ErinDoobs said...

You are so right! I have ZERO patience and it is hard to come by! A great post to reflect on, Whit.

~ doobs =)